Mechanical Engineer Salary Philippines
There are many students who want to know which one of the engineering courses can give them a huge return after graduation. And one of they are looking into is the mechanical engineering course. Mechanical engineering, like other engineering courses, is hard. You need to exert more of your efforts to educate yourself about its principles.
Mechanical engineers can receive a higher figure of salary compared to civil engineers in all levels of experience. We have gathered the latest reports about their current average monthly salary in the Philippines, but also in the US.
First, let us define mechanical engineering and mechanical engineers.
Who are Mechanical Engineers?
Basically, mechanical engineers are involved with the generation, distribution, and use of energy. Also, they are knowledgeable in the control ad automation of manufacturing systems; the design and development of machines, and today’s solution for the current environmental problems.
Having said that, the mechanical engineering field has been considered one of the best engineering fields to get into. Their ability to solve problems regarding the environment makes them one of the engineering trends today.
Mechanical Engineers Average Salary in the Philippines
Our gathered data tells us that entry-level data mechanical engineers employed in the US have an average annual base salary of $90,000 or ₱4,050,000. When converted into a monthly basis, mechanical engineers’ average monthly salary would be $7,500 or ₱337,500.
In the Philippines, this data translates to the monthly mechanical average salary of about ₱19,000 – ₱23,000. Annually, they have ₱276,000 of average salary. This rate is for entry-level mechanical engineers.
For mechanical engineers having 5 years of experience, they have an annual salary of $117,600 or ₱5,292,000, if they are employed in the US. The monthly average salary for mechanical engineers in the US is $9,800 or ₱441,000.
Mechanical engineers employed in the Philippines have a lower salary. They have an annual average salary of ₱432,000 or ₱36,000 average monthly salary. This rate is also under 5 years of professional experience.
At the senior level, having more than 5 years of experience, mechanical engineers employed in the Philippines have an annual average salary of ₱756,000 or ₱63,000 monthly average salary.
There is a huge difference if a mechanical engineer is working in the US. A mechanical engineer with more than 5 years of experience could have $13,250 of monthly average salary or $159,000 annual base salary.
Skills for Mechanical Engineers
Entry-level mechanical engineers should have ideas on what they must learn to achieve higher compensation. Today, there are many in-demand skills that you should study for you to get ahead.
- Engineering Design
- It is the method that engineers use to solve and recognize problems. Engineering design is usually used for mechanical product development – from conceptualizing new product ideas, turning them into tangible engineered results.
- It is a computer-aided design (CAD) software that architects, engineers, and construction professionals rely on to create precise 2D and 3D drawings.
- Electrical Systems
- It is the organization of electrical and mechanical drawings. Also, the ability to work closely with electrical engineers in the packaging and development of electrical systems and harness routing.
- Mechanical engineers should also have a deep background in robotics. Robotic technology is central to manufacturing – which is an integral part and principle of robotics. Its simple components are sensors, actuators, controllers, manipulators, and locomotion.
- Quality Control System
- The ability to understand the quality control system means understanding the principle of statistical process control. The familiarity of a mechanical engineer with ISO 16949 is a major asset when seeking an engineering job in the auto industry.
- Project Management
- It is basically gathered through experience and proper education. When we say proper education, you should be able to attend seminars about project management or finishing a master’s degree in project management.
- Communication Skills
- The ability to explain complex processes of machines, and devices to people without formal knowledge about mechanical engineering. You should be able to deliver the idea by undergoing strong communication skills.
The entry-level average monthly salary of a mechanical engineer in the Philippines is ₱23,000. The intermediate-level average monthly salary of a mechanical engineer in the Philippines is ₱36,000. Finally, the senior level average monthly salary of a mechanical engineer in the Philippines is ₱63,000.
If you have a master’s degree in mechanical engineering or a related engineering course, then there’s a big chance that your salary will have an increase. An intermediate-level mechanical engineer with a master’s degree can have an additional 8% – 12% salary increase in addition to the base salary mentioned above.
Also, please be notified of the in-demand skills for mechanical engineers. Having these skills in your portfolio can give you an edge if you want to get a higher salary.