One of the most trending topics that people hardly decide. Is it better to choose a career over the business? Well, if you think about it, both have their own significance. It just depends on your financial and capability status. However, some people are saying that it depends on what kind of people are you and which really interests you.
While most people are suggesting having a business better than working, there are also people who are into earning money from being employed. But if you do not have some money to invest in a business the best choice for you is to get a job to save some money and start your business.
If you really can’t decide then, how about we try to list down the advantages and disadvantages of both options.
About the Job
As for the job, most people choose it because of job security. It does not only give a steady income but also comes with little to no financial risk whereas business involves much greater risk. And a work-life balance of 8-20 hours a day of working with two days of a week for family and friends bonding time.
While in business you have the freedom to choose whatever you want for your company. You are your own boss, you can play with your own rules without restrictions. There is no one who can stop you from making a decision. Just make sure every decision you make is good for your business.
Running a business has also a flexible schedule which means you can choose your own working place, time, outfit and whatever rules and regulations you may have. Aside from that, it gives you more profit that pays for your hard work without working for someone else.
- Jobs has only minimal risk aside from Termination
- Businesses have a higher risk of which the owner had to bear with.
- You don’t need to invest in a job. The only thing that you can invest is your dedication and hard work.
- You cannot start a business without investment.
- You get a fixed salary of what you worked for as part of the profit.
- In business, you can get all of the profits just for yourself.
- When you apply for a job you basically need to have many qualifications.
- When starting a business there are no qualifications needed.
- Motivation Factor
- In a job, promotions, bonuses, and rewards will be your motivation.
- In a business, you will be motivated by the goodwill, profit, success, brand, etc.
- A job has low freedom as there are so many bosses, rules and regulations to guide you when doing a job.
- While running a business, you can handle your own freedom and when to get a break.
- Working hours
- A job has its fixed working hours.
- While in business there is no limitation for working hours. It’s up to you to decide when to stop.
Remember that when it comes to choosing, there is no better or worse. It just has differences. Both jobs and businesses have advantages and disadvantages and hopefully, this may help you decide which is better for you.